Employee Satisfaction Survey (Premium Survey Statement Rationale)
1. I feel my pay is fair.
- Invites a review of overall compensation practices.
2. I have the tools and equipment I need to do my job.
- Equipment can also mean having access to the right materials (passwords, logins) and is a key
component in engagement.
3. Considering everything, I am satisfied working for this organization at the present time.
- Determines the need to review employee relations policies and practices to mitigate against
4. I feel that the work I do directly impacts the success of my organization.
- Management should consistently make individuality a highlight, which leads to better performance
and less turnover since individuals feel connected to management and thus the business.
5. I have sufficient freedom to determine how I carry out my job responsibilities.
- A self-motivated, self-managed employee will keep overhead costs down. Simultaneously, this
statement sheds light on management style and if it is effective or not.
6. I understand my Organization’s goals and objectives.
- Clear articulation and communication of the organizational direction will reduce waste and
7. My organization is making the changes to be successful.
- Given the general competitiveness created by the market, organizations must constantly reinvent
themselves and communicate these changes. Employees should be informed about both the nature of
the change and the logic behind it, before the change occurs.
8. I understand how my work contributes to the organization.
- Cascading objectives from company to employees ensures “firing on all cylinders” and maximizes
9. In the last month my direct supervisor has encouraged me to be innovative and creative.
- The boss has a role to tap into the mindset of the people doing the work to ensure productivity
improvement. Individuality plays a key factor, everyone is different – and Supervisors need to
understand their workforce.
10. I care a great deal about the quality of my work.
- Commitment and loyalty of the employee to the organization.
11. In the last month I have been recognized for my efforts at work by my direct Supervisor.
- A “pat on the back” at minimum is a crucial component to bond the supervisor with the
12. I feel my organization values me.
- There needs to be a personal connection to the organization – what do your employees love most
about their jobs? Why? The relationship between the organization and the employees is integral
13. I am willing to put in as much effort as necessary to get my job done.
- One of the best gauges to determine the level of organizational loyalty, commitment and work
14. The organization where it can, strives to create opportunity for work life and home life
- Our evolving workforce with forecasted labour shortages demands a reflection about this issue.
15. My direct Supervisor in this organization behaves in an honest manner.
- A respectful supervisor/employee relationship is the cornerstone for a productive and engaged
16. I feel as an organization we listen to the needs of our customers.
- Confirmation that the employee understands the importance of the customer to ensure the
organization’s success. Employees who feel connected to the business have more of an incentive
to treat their customers better.
17. The organization is strongly committed to its policy to prevent sexual harassment in the
- The harassment and sexual harassment policy is necessary to be compliant with Occupational
Health and Safety. Employees need to know, and understand, what sexual harassment means in the
workplace to ensure the employer is OHS compliant.
18. My compensation matches my responsibilities.
- Invites a review of job descriptions and compensation strategies.
19. I would refer a friend to apply for a job at this organization.
- Referrals are great resources to find superstars. Remember, employees are always representing
your company – regardless if they are at work or not.
20. I do not feel frequent stress in my job.
- Stress is not a medical condition – however if your employees’ behaviour have been changing
perhaps a revisit to benefits and EAP are in order to support them.
21. I have never experienced any form of discrimination in this organization.
- Showcases discrimination and harassment if present in your workplace needs to be changed
22. My organization values honesty and integrity.
- How your employees see your organization’s character, respect in the workplace and many more
employer relations issues will directly effect their level of engagement.
23. Individual differences are respected here (e.g gender, race, age etc).
- Help you stay ahead of any potential human rights violations you do not know your organization
24. This organization's policies and procedures make sense to me.
- Policy manuals are fundamental in protecting an employer against sensitive employee relations
issues. If you score low on this, a revisit to this manual (if you have one) is in order. If you
do not have one, make one.
25. If I observe unethical behaviour I know where to report it.
- Dive into your procedures around sensitive issues in the workplace. Lack of communication and/or
where to communicate can lead to external interference – which can be costly.
26. I feel my job performance is fairly evaluated.
- Providing constructive and fair feedback will show anyone areas of opportunity as well as
positive reinforcement for where your employees are performing well.
27. I respect my supervisor.
- Speaks to the employee – supervisor relationship.
28. Training opportunities to maintain and improve my skills are important to me.
- Training can be a great motivational tool to retain good employees without providing high
29. Overall, Senior Management does a good job helping me improve my skill and knowledge.
- Connection from front line to senior management will help develop stronger communication between
employees and management. The personal development of an employees skills and competencies will
increase their engagement ultimately increasing productivity.
30. I feel the organization has done enough to communicate with me during the pandemic.
- Constant communication with staff working from home or on reduced hours is vital to maintain the
31. I am satisfied with the health and safety protocols that have been established to keep me as safe
- Communication for health and safety is vital to keep your employees coming back to work, and
ensuring they remain within your workforce, as opposed to going on the CRB.
32. I have the protective COVID-19 equipment necessary to do my job.
- Having proper and well-maintained PPE will mitigate your risk on employees who are refusing
unsafe work (which is in their right to do so). A low score on this statement will invite you to
visit your current PPE.
33. I know where to get information to obtain any appropriate employee assistance.
- Speaks to strong communication from management to staff.
34. I feel management has effectively motivated me while working from home.
- Provides insight into if the work from home model is viable for the future, long term.
35. I feel safe coming to work.
- Employers have the responsibility to take all reasonable measures to keep their workforce safe –
pre, during and post Covid-19.
36. I have a clear understanding of our company’s efforts to minimize health risks during the
- Employees must feel safe coming to work – otherwise absenteeism and sick calls will raise.
37. I feel the company cares about my health and safety, including my mental health.
- Mental health is part of occupational health and safety – this area is still quite foreign but
employers need to understand their duty to inquire and duty to accommodate to a point of undue